Sunday, June 30, 2013

how to cook grits

Looking for Southern grits recipes? Allrecipes has more than 40 recipes for grits, cheese grits, and baked grits complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips. Ask a number of Southerners, and they will each tell you a different way to cook grits,Here are a few tips that they all can agree on. Consisting simply of coarsely ground corn, this staple dish of the American South is usually served as either a side dish or a breakfast cereal. 9 Aug 20, Q: I just picked up a two-pound bag of locally stone-ground yellow grits at the farmer's market and I don't know how to cook them,I can find . May 2004, Hubby says these grits are fit for a Southern Tea Room,No higher compliment than that! It is not a mistake to use quick cooking grits, and cook . 20 Sep 202, As all good Southerners know, grits are the workhorse of the kitchen,Take almost anything you have in the fridge, stir it into a pot of grits, and .
2 Jan 202, Want old fashioned, southern creamy grits ? Do NOT use the directions on the package! Here's a recipe that promises a pot of uh-may-zing . Oct 2008 - 5 min - Uploaded by Blaine Davis Blaine Davis makes his college roommate some delicious cheese grits. 4 May 203, I had, hands down, the best grits I've ever tasted recently in South Carolina at a restaurant called Charleston Crab House,Fried oysters at . To a Southerner, eating grits is practically a religion, and breakfast without grits is unthinkable.
I don't know if this is the absolute best way to make grits, but I can tell you that I prefer it to the method printed on the box (at least I think so; .

No comments:

Post a Comment